Most Reliable Bitcoin Gold Wallets In The Market
Bitcoin Gold was born out of the 24th October 2017 Bitcoin fork at a block size of 491407 with the sole aim of fixing certain flaws pertaining to the system design. A large number of similarities exist between the original Bitcoin and the nascent Bitcoin Gold. Still it is imperative to ensure that the wallet you choose for storing the latter is compatible the features of BTG. Not much options are there when it comes to wallet selection as Bitcoin Gold has been around only for a few months. Today I shall talk about five of the most popular Bitcoin Gold wallets which can serve your BTG storing requirements. We have looked at the following aspects while making our selection so that you can be contented with the final selection.
- Security – Hardware wallets are considered to be the safest of them all as they store the private keys offline. You should also look for added safety features such as easy-to-use backup facility and two-factor authentication.
- Transparency – The company behind the wallet should have a clear track record especially when it comes to dealing with service and security issues with clients in the past. The last thing you shall want is to avail the product of such a company which has received a bulk of complaints pertaining to the same.
- Private-key ownership – Retaining your private key is of utmost importance although some wallets belonging to exchanges don’t allow us to do the same. In such cases, anyone having access to it can steal our funds. Thus, it is imperative to look for a wallet which does not require storage of private keys in the hands of a third party.
- User experience – Given the inherent nature of cryptocurrencies it might get difficult to manage holdings at times. To avoid all these you shouldopt for a wallet which is easy to operate.
List of Best Bitcoin Gold Wallets To Store BTG
Ledger Nano S
If you are on the lookout for an extremely secure Bitcoin Gold wallet, then your search is bound to come to an end once you come across the Ledger Nano S hardware wallet. Devoid of any battery or power source of its own, this USB style drive boots up on being connected to a laptop or desktop. Two-side buttons come as additional safety features which are needed for confirming any transaction. You can configure this secure and cheap wallet using its pin-code. For hassle-free coin restoration, you are required to store the 24-word recovery phrase. This dynamic wallet which is compatible both with Android devices and computers can keep your BTG holding safe and away from the reach of predators coupled with its offline storage of private key. This HD wallet will allow you to exercise supreme control over your funds without having to rely on any third party.
This reliable hardware wallet displays a nine-digit pin when connected with the mobile or computer device for the first time. This pin has to be entered on the device with which it is connected. The pin gets renewed with every new connection request. You can even add your exclusive words to the 24-word recovery phase for gaining extra security. Trezor was not ready to lend support to Bitcoin Gold given the unavailability of the source code. However, it has decided to extend support to the same very soon. A tweet was released by a company official stating that, “company is working in developing support of BTG for Trezor. Users will be able to split BTG from BTC once the claim tool is ready by the company, assuming users held BTC on Trezor before block 491407”
This famous multicurrency crypto wallet allows its users to gain control over the private keys. Ranking high on safety, this mobile-app based wallet is only available over Android presently although iOS support is expected to be out soon. Its inbuilt shapeshift integration helps with cross trading of cryptos over the digital platform and that too absolutely for free. All the coin holdings can be accessed in this Hierarchical Deterministic Wallet (BIP44) so that you can keep track of your funds by simply noting down the phrase in a safe place without having to back it up for every single coin. Setting up and installation of the Coinomi wallet requires only a few minutes making it the perfect option for users to store their crypto holdings without having to worry about undergoing KYC verifications due to its lack of registration process.
Powered by this desktop wallet, you can exercise supreme control over your crypto assets as you take a backup of your seed key. Full compatibility with ShapeShift helps Exodus users in accessing almost a dozen cryptocurrencies. You won’t be required to download the entire blockchain on your computer with this light wallet. The user-friendly platform stands out as one of the biggest USPs of Exodus which can help people having minimal experience of the crypto world exercise full functionality. This Bitcoin Gold wallet is available over Mac, Windows and Linux platforms without any requirement for registration. A transaction fee is charged by Exodus every time your payment gets processed which is paid to the blockchain network.
Bitcoin Gold Core
You can store, send and receive Bitcoin Gold using this official full node client wallet which is available over Linux and Windows platforms. However, you will be required to download the entire Blockchain which might eat away a significant part of your PC hard disk.
Availing any of the wallets mentioned above is bound to wrap you in safety. Nonetheless, you need to be cautious about the inherent risk they pose and maintain the security of the recovery phrase. Given the infancy stage of Bitcoin Gold, the likeliness of falling prey to scam wallets is rising rhetorically. Crypto users are often seen whining about losing their seed keys to these fraudulent websites. Thus, you should take special care and never disclose the seed words or private key unless you are absolute sure about authenticity of the source.
- Best Bitcoin Wallets To Safely Store Your Bitcoins
- List Of Best Bitcoin Cash Wallets
- Best Ethereum Wallets To Store Your Ether
- Best Ethereum Classic Wallets | ETC Wallets
- Best Litecoin Wallets | LTC Wallets
- Best Ripple Wallets | XRP Wallets
- Ledger Vs Trezor: Which Is The Best Hardware Wallet?
KryptoMoney.com publishes latest news and updates about Bitcoin, Blockchain Technology, Cryptocurrencies and upcoming ICO’s.