Coinbase adds One Million new Bitcoin users in One Month
Bitcoin exchange portfolios and platforms are witnessing huge growth in their user databases. In June, Coinbase added 1 million new users, which represents a massive increase in a relatively short period of time. Coinbase is one of the most popular cryptocurrency wallet and exchange platform.
Founded in June of 2012, Coinbase is the easiest place to buy and sell digital currency like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
Alistair Milne, an analyst at Atlanta Digital Currency Fund and a major investor in Bitcoin, recently unveiled on Twitter a growth chart of the Coinbase user database dating from November 2016. From May to June, Coinbase added about 1 million new Users, and more than 80 million in the last 18 months.
Coinbase has added approx 1 million new users in 30 days
Milne’s chart above shows the increase in the number of Coinbase users and not wallets. Coinbase also supports 46,000 Bitcoin merchants and 10,000 developer apps.
The differentiation between the number of users and wallets operated by Coinbase is important to consider because many users and analysts have previously referred to the active user base of Coinbase to compare the number of wallets operated between Coinbase and Blockchain, the two largest Bitcoin wallet platforms in the market.
At the moment, Coinbase is the largest Bitcoin wallet platform in the market and operates around 12.5 mln more wallets than Blockchain.
Some interesting features of Coinbase
- Coinbase is the most well-known online portfolio.
- With a single account, it is possible to manage several portfolios of Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin. It is also possible to store Euros and Dollars. A safe system for Bitcoin is available to store its Bitcoin with more security (nevertheless, it is necessary to wait 48 hours to be able to withdraw its funds).
- The use of these portfolios is very easy! It is possible to generate a multitude of Bitcoin, Litecoin and Ethereum addresses in order to remain anonymous. These addresses are stored on the account and it is possible to rename them or sign a message with.
- In addition to being able to make transactions between traditional addresses, Coinbase offers these users transactions by e-mail, that is, transactions between Coinbase members. This process is faster and there are no transaction fees (unlike traditional transactions or transaction fees are now applied).
- But Coinbase is not just a wallet, it’s also an exchange platform. It is possible to exchange these euros or dollars for Bitcoins, Litecoins or Ethers. To do this, simply send your money by SEPA credit transfer or with a credit card with 3D Secure. Please note that a piece of identification is required in order to use the exchange platform.
- Coinbase is available on PC but also on IOS and Android.
- There is now a sponsorship system. Once your friend has bought or sold $ 100 USD or more of digital currency, you’ll get both $ 10 USD free bitcoins
KryptoMoney.com posts latest news and updates about Bitcoin, Blockchain ,Cryptocurrencies and upcoming ICO’s.