Coinbase Cryptocurrency Exchange Expands To 6 New European Markets
Coinbase has expanded its base into six new European countries, namely Andorra, Gibraltar, Guernsey, Iceland, Isle of Man, Lithuania. For now, these new consumers will be privy of Coinbase.com and its mobile application platform on both iOS and Android. Coinbase Pro and Prime, however, will be made available later.
A blog on the company‘s website announced the development. The exchange platform boasts an extensive network of 33 countries outside of US, across the world and now opens up to another 6 in Europe. Notably, the company is has been expanding it outreach in every possible way, via expanding its services and coin offering on the platform. Just last month, the platform listed four more Ethereum Tokens and announced a list 30 more token that will soon join the platform soon.
The Coinbase team further states that they will continue its expansion in 2019.
Next year we will continue expanding rapidly into new regions and adding assets to the Coinbase platform to meet customer demand.
Cryptocurrencies are global by their very nature and we believe that they should exist without borders. To realize our mission means making crypto easily available to everyone, irrespective of their geographical location.
The 12 Days of Coinbase
The announcement was a part of Coinbase’s festive celebration. Concluded on December 21st, here’s the list of announcements the exchange has made in these 12 days:
- Expansion of its e-Gift card program to US customers
- Donation of $10,000 in ZCash (ZEC) to more than 50 Venezuelan Families
- A video showcasing Coinbase’s belief in economic freedom
- Launching a Watchlist
- Availability of PayPal Withdrawals for its US customers
- $10,000 gift in Bitcoin ($BTC) to GiveCrypto.org
- Listing of USD Coin (USDC)
- Direct crypto conversion capabilities on Coinbase
- Listing of Dai (DAI), Golem (GNT), Maker (MKR) and Zilliqa (ZIL)
- Launch of Coinbase Earn that lets users to earn crypto while learning about them in a simple and engaging way
- Welcoming customers in the aforementioned six European countries
- Giving back now and building for the future, donated $25,000 worth of Bitcoin to help more than 60 survivors of domestic violence on their path to independence and safety.
The idea of expressing one’s views and reviews through words is beyond intriguing. What started as a creative let out has now become a passion and a profession for Arshmeet K Hora. In her own words ” with every word, every article that I write, my passion towards this medium has grown stronger.” Arshmeet covers latest crypto news and updates as well as what happening new revolving around Blockchain Technology.