Electroneum News: Electroneum (ETN) just turned on one on November 15th, the mobile-based token has had quite a year. Currently, the 55th biggest cryptocurrency with a market cap of $95 million, its milestone includes achieving $1billion market cap within just two months of their launch, a 24-hour trading volume of $563,180. Let’s have an overview of the year that ETN had.
The coiner of the phrase ‘enablement currency’ as Electroneum could achieve a new 3 trillion dollar market, according to a 2017 Global Fintech Report by Price Waterhouse Coopers prediction. This feat will be achieved by allowing over 350m smartphone users access to enter the digital market for the first time. The platform has a global patent pending on a technology that will enable instant cryptocurrency payments. While the instant payments will initially be in ETN, the patent also covers Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies.
Moreover, the platform is developing an API that will allow easy integration to accept ETN instantly. This will enable a simple and instant check out at an e-commerce system along with an easier integration of ePOS systems. With their economic model, smartphone users have access to ETN, making it easier for them to make real-world digital payments. The ETN Android app is already fully operational in 20 languages.
- July 2017 – formation of Electroneum Ltd, that enabled them to take official control of the Electroneum project.
- On September 14th, 2017- ICO was launched and was set to run until 1st November 2017. ETN Priced at $0.01c (USD)
- On 20th October 2017- ICO had to close early as the $40m hard cap was reached.
- On 1st November 2017- HackerOne (US Dept. Defence) engaged to audit Electroneum’s security.
- On 12th December 2017 – An agreement was signed with Hong Kong Joy Telecom Co., limiting the increasing total potential reach by 2m users.
- On 13th December 2017 – The Android app, Electroneum’s wallet manager was officially launched an released in 20 languages.
- On 9th January 2018 – As an agreement with Xius took the mobile user reach to 65m users.
- On 11th January 2018 – A community for BETA testers was asked for a mobile miner, within 72 hours, 45,000 detailed applications were received. Subsequently, the BETA Android mobile miner was launched.
- On 17th January 2018 – The network was invited to appear at Mobile World Congress 2018 in Barcelona, the token became the first cryptocurrency to join the GSMA as a member.
- On18th January 2018- Agreements was signed with BMedia (20m user reach), Effortel (5m user reach), Fanfare (1m user reach), bringing the total user reach to 91m users.
- On 19th January 2018 – Electroneum was listed by HitBTC.
- On 22nd January 2018 – Over $750m (USD) of ETN traded in first 40 days, 765,000 live ETN users.
- On 31st January 2018 – The Mobile miner app registered 20,000 beta testers. An agreement with redONE took the total potential reach to 1m users.
- On 7th February 2018 – The total potential reach was increased by 3m users, as agreements with WEBS AND APPS SDN BHD was signed.
- On 23rd February 2018 – Mobile user reach increased to 130 m, via an agreement with Unified.
- On 27th February 2018 – Rich joining a panel discussion at Mobile World Congress 2018 Barcelona.
- On 5th March 2018 – The Android Mobile Miner was launched.
- On13th March 2018 – Earned listing on KuCoin.
- On 16th March 2018 – ETN got listed on Bitbns and CoinSpot.
- On 6th April 2018 – The Instant cryptocurrency payments patent pending was secured (1805708.3).
- On 29th May 2018 – Achieved 1.5 Million Registered Users.
- On 30th May 2018 – Upgrades was done to handle larger volumes of transactions.
- On 7th June 2018 – Film crew at the office making a new documentary about cryptocurrencies.
- On 12th June 2018 – Richard speaks at BCI Summit New York.
- On 5th June 2018 – Agreement signed with Mobile Streams to promote the use of ETN on their Mobile gaming service.
The current aim of Electroneum platform is to reach 3 million live users, launch an instant payment system, launch vendor API, Community app and a gig economy website.