India now seems to be on the forefront when it comes to implementing the blockchain technology applications. Everyday, a great number of blockchain innovations and deals are made. Latest is the news is the Kerala government which is now all set to leverage the Blockchain technology to streamline purchase and distribution network of milk, vegetables and fish in the state.
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (K-DISC) is the organization behind this blockchain project, state’s think-tank mandated to formulate and implement plans to create a healthy and conducive ecosystem with the help of new technologies.
- The state will also make its crop insurance scheme smarter and fool-proof, ensuring quick processing and settlement of claims to farmers suffering crop losses, a release said here today.
- In the dairy sector, the project will ensure speedy delivery of high quality milk by continuously monitoring production, procurement and distribution through an electronic ledger
- Each component of the supply network will have a separateID number, using which the source and quality of the product can be checked at every point of the chain.
- This technology in crop insurance would help avoid time-lag in the assessment and delivery of compensation to farmers who suffer losses due to natural calamities.
K-DISC had recently launched a major program to train students in Blockchain technology, providing them with the early-mover advantage in this system, which has huge job potential in India and abroad.
Also Read: Kerala Blockchain Academy : The First Indian Institution to Get Hyperledger Membership
Although blockchain has been introduced in a number of sectors, but supply of vegetables and fish is a key area where the new technology remains untapped, where farms and fish-landing spots will be linked with packaging centers using geo-coded images.
This will enable continuous monitoring and verification of goods at every point of their movement right from the warehouses, wholesale and retail centers up to the point of sale to the consumer, it was said.
- Andhra Pradesh adopts Blockchain Technology to secure citizens data
- Government of Andhra Pradesh and CONSENSYS INDIA is organizing the first edition of the CONSENSYS INDIA DEVELOPER PROGRAM from JUNE 9TH – JULY 15TH 2018 in Vishakapatnam
- Andhra Pradesh Government To Store DNA Database Of 50 Million People Via Blockchain Technology
- Government of Andhra Pradesh join Enterprise Ethereum Alliance
- Government Of India And NITI Aayog Tries To Implement Blockchain
- Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) Launches India’s First Blockchain Lab
KryptoMoney.com publishes latest news and updates about Bitcoin, Blockchain Technology ,Cryptocurrencies and upcoming ICO’s.