The Word “Ethereum” Crosses the 100 Million Mark For Being Searched on Google
Ever since the advent of Bitcoin and the cryptocurrencies that followed, the world seems to have been bitten by the craze of blockchain and cryptocurrencies. While there now hundreds of tokens and blockchain solutions, some parts of the crypto sphere remain imminent. One of them in Ethereum.
ConsenSys, a blockchain venture production studio building decentralized applications on Ethereum, offered a census of the cryptocurrency’s contributions to blockchain in a recent blog.
The blog explains the state of Ethereum and told that in particular, late 2017 and early 2018 saw a massive increase in popular attention due to rapid price increases across the entire crypto-asset ecosystem.
In two years, the word “Ethereum” has been included in over 110 million Google searches. The hashtag #ethereum is tweeted, on average, 20,000 times a day.
The network has processed nearly 240 million transactions. At its height on January 4, the network processed 1.3 million transactions in 24 hours.
- The network is huge and distributed. To date, 35 million unique addresses exist on the Ethereum blockchain. On January 4, 2018, the number of active (i.e. transacting) addresses on Ethereum surpassed 1 million for the first time.
- On January 4, 2018 over 350,000 new addresses were created, the most addresses generated within a 24 hour period to date. Ethernodes reports just under 17,000 nodes running the Ethereum blockchain across six continents, making it the most decentralized blockchain platform in existence.
- The Ethereum developer community is estimated to be the largest in the world, at 250,000. In October 2017, Truffle, a development framework for Ethereum, surpassed 200,000 downloads
- MetaMask, a browser extension allowing users to to run dApps without running an entire Ethereum node, has reached over 1 million users.
- The Ethereum Enterprise Alliance (EEA) formed in March 2017 with 30 founding members committed to the integration of blockchain technology with enterprise establishments. Now, just over one year later, the EEA has grown to over 500 members.
With all this, it is natural for Ethereum to follow one of the most popular tags on the internet. In fact, many more innovations are now being made as Ethereum proposes to adopt a permanent solution for scalability problems.
KryptoMoney.com publishes latest news and updates about Bitcoin, Blockchain Technology ,Cryptocurrencies and upcoming ICO’s.